I have recently been experimenting with new recipes to expand what we eat at home. Sometimes it is a challenge because I want what we eat to be healthy but I also want it to taste so good that my husband will not only want to eat it again but will rave about it to his friends and I have to say that this recipe was a home run!!
Italian Style Skillet Meatloaf
- 1 pound of grass fed beef -93% lean
- 1 pound Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage (bulk)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (portioned into 1/2 cup servings)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flour (for Binding)
- 1) Heat Oven to 425 degrees
- 2) Mix beef, sausage, coconut flour, egg, basil, 1/2 cup Parmesan, garlic, salt & pepper. Form into 5 even patties (3 inch loaves)
- 3) Heat oil in large cast-iron skillet. Cook loaves until well browned (3-5 minutes each side). Spoon 2 tbsp marinara over each loaf and sprinkle evenly with last 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5-10 minutes.
- 4) While cooking Meatloaf, chop zucchini and saute in another pan with garlic, ground pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Serve meatloaf with zucchini and side salad.